Get Free Quotes on Air to Water Heat Pumps
At GreenMatch we wish to help you find the best renewable energy source solution for your home.
- Receive up to 4 offers on air to water heat pumps - by filling out our short form
- Compare offers and save as much as 50%
- Our service is 100% free and with no obligation
- Choose from qualified suppliers of high quality all around the UK
Air to Water Heat Pump - Minimum Enviromental Impact
Air to water heat pumps take heat from the outside air and transfer it to a water-based system. The created heat can be used for space heating or as a hot water supply for the house. Air to water heat pumps are among the most efficient air source heat pumps on the market.
This type of heat pump works best in moderate climates. The efficiency of an air to water heat pump is most optimal at 7°C, as opposed to dry and cold locations, where outside temperatures fall below -20°C. Keeping the working principles of an air to water heat pump in mind, the decline in temperatures will affect the operating efficiency.
Proper maintenance and care will ensure that the system is operating at its full potential. The outdoor unit needs to be kept free of debris in order to last longer. Make sure that:
- The filter in the outside component should be regularly cleaned, to ensure that the system is using clean water and to avoid damage.
- The unit should be kept dry and the area around it kept clean, to ensure proper air inlet and outlet.
- The water tank should be cleaned with scale (depending on local water quality), and the system should be regularly checked for leakage.
We measure the performance of air source heat pumps by their Coefficient of performance. The higher the number, the greater efficiency. Average COP of 3 for an air source heat pump, means that your system will generate 3kW for 1kWh of electricity used.
SCOP (Seasonal Coefficient of Performance) is a newer measurement that describes the average COP in a heating season.
How Much Does an Air to Water Heat Pump Cost?
The price of an air to water heat pump is around £7,000-11,000, including the system and installation price. Installation and running costs depend on the following factors:
- Size of the property
- Heating demand
- New Build or renovation
According to the size of the property, you can determine the needed heating demand. This will give you an idea of the most suitable air to water heat pump for your home. Other factors, such as the state of the property will affect the associated costs, especially with insulation. Let's have a look at more detailed running costs breakdown below.
|Property Type||Annual Heating Cost||RHI Payback Per Year||Annual Saving|
|2 Bedroom Teracced House||Starting from £329||Up to £670||Starting from £335|
|3 Bedroom Semi-Detached||Starting from £495||Up to £1,000||Starting from £500|
|4 Beedroom House||Starting from £759||Up to £1,600||Starting from £700|
*Prices are based on averages and should be treated as a guide only
Fill in the form in just 1 minute